THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED.
Four easy steps to enter the Design Contest:
- Get inspired by your city.
- Create your San Jose design. Design it with screenprinting in mind.
- Upload your design in JPG format by January 8th, 2016, 11:59pm. (See extension notice below.)
- Celebrate your winning design with your city at the Screenprint Showdown on January 30th, 2016 in Downtown San Jose.
So now what? Submit a design or multiple designs (there is no maximum for submissions) to the Screenprint Showdown Design Contest here. You can choose to submit your design as a single logo or graphical artwork. Your submission should visually convey your answer to one or more of the following questions:
What does it mean to live in San Jose?
What does it mean to love San Jose?
What is San Jose to you?
On a very basic level you're creating an identity for the city. We are looking for something that defines San Jose. A visual representation that inspires people. Something San Jose residents can be proud of.
We've provided you with 50 San Jose symbols above to help inspire you. These symbols are just here to inspire you, so feel free to think outside-the-box and come up with something else entirely different. These are merely starting points from which your imagination and creativity can launch.
- You can use any technique to create the imagery, however the final submission can only have a maximum of two ink colors. This means you are designing for a maximum of 2 screens. Your design should be created with a white background.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that it does not contain any copyrighted material. Copyrighted material includes items found on the internet, unless clearly marked as published under a creative commons (cc) license.
- Design must be submitted as a JPG file, 150dpi and no larger than 1500x1500 pixels. A digital participation certificate will be sent to all participants of the competition via email. If your design is chosen as a finalist, we will contact you with image guidelines and instructions on submitting your screenprint-ready file(s) for review. For now, we just need a flattened JPG image of your design.
- This contest is open worldwide to any artists or designers or creative people out there.
- This contest will not accept any designs that promote an individual business or brand. This contest will not accept any designs that display nudity or profanity or contain negative imagery and negative language. Anything that can be reasonably deemed offensive or inappropriate will not be accepted.
- We recommend that you utilize Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or another professional design program to create your design.
- There is no entry fee.